March update 2023 - Big Changes!
Hola! Happy Hacking to all hackers, DIY, Creators and tinkers out there.
Well well well, so I skipped 4-5 months!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!.
I have quite a few updates, but going to make them short.
- 2600 Madrid is been going very well, sometimes we are 3 people sometimes 6 depending on the month, we have n0x come down or Alberto from outside Madrid.
- Planning for Chaos Computer Club Camp or CCC camp, is starting, we will be participating with Komona once more.
- Hispatatos: Limiting hispagatos, I been for 3 years frustrated in how the collective is moving, I do not like to be the "leader" but a mentor, but the way things worked out for 3 years is that I was doing 99% of the work, instead of people motivating getting motivated by me, they actually end up demoralizing me trying to teach people mundane and very low level tech things, not even hacking like GIT,TCP Protocols,Http,Gemini,OS's and yes even MARKDOWN! Very frustrating indeed and I don't like to be on top of people or hand spoon them such why I don't like to teach. So something I been wanting to do for years got activated, I kicked from our working matrix a lot of friends, more details on that below.
Going forward non-work and friendly talk, regular chat and such, we will use the rest of the other channels we have in matrix, revolt, mastodon, etc nothing personal with anyone in particular, just with everyone and everything in general, I am to old to manage this in the way it was going for the last 3 years, I been getting less and less excited about it, from now on, for the best of my health and the collective to be actually in a position that is not just me and a few others doing all the work and having all the knowledge:
- non-participants and not active will be kick
- comrades with no minimal computer skills will be not let in as a initiate to learn.
- First prove yourself then you can join us And we will mentor in all things hacking, hacking culture and real hacking skills.[not using other peoples tools like a script kiddie lacking knowing what is happening behind it]
- Friends who claim they can hack, will need to probe it first, with any legal means of course,
- bug bounties programs
- Other similar ones...
- Support Libre software the hacker Ethics actively in some way like but not limited to:
- Writing code
- Help the collective in any way like running servers, doing updates, helping.
- Donating for the servers cost, for materials like stickers, fliers etc.
- Actively or historically part of the Hacker community with other groups/collectives(they already prove them self)
- Any type of hacker activity(not just security wise of course hacking is more than finding security issues and exploiting them) that forwards and promotes hacker culture.
The people I have kick, I did so because many reasons, some of them are:
- because you are not active
- Not collaborating on a small but ongoing pace (No need to spend too much time we are all volunteers but because only 2-3 do everything seems like a lot of work)
- we need to review, reconsider
- You been with us only 2 years or less, and you only did 1-2 contributions to get in and have not done anything after that.
Anyone who will like back-in needs to fall into the collective new recommendations mentioned above before asking to re-join.
Is not at one person I have kick most people that are newer than 2 years, or are not part already of the hacker community in other ways/means, and only keep the old originals that are still around. In the mean time my focus is with New Hispagatos, FSF, EFF, 2600, Komona, and 2600 Madrid.
I will be writing this in Spanish, and having a native English speaker put this on our hispagatos.org site for transparency and clarity going forward.
Love you all! Keep hacking! Keep doing! Keep creating!
That's it for now!
=> https://rek2.neocities.org/ ReK2 NeoCities HomePage => https://eventos.hispagatos.org Meetup alike but decentralized, open and part of the fediverse. => https://2600.madrid http site for 2600 Madrid => gemini://2600.madrid gemini site for 2600 Madrid rek2 aka rebel Much loves Solidarity and hugs. Love ALL. => https://git.sr.ht/~gsthnz/gssg gssg => gemini://srht.site/quickstart.gmi gemini pages on sourcehut